Monday, July 07, 2008

vehicles @cabbagetown (fujica ax-5)

Cabbagetown is an Atlanta neighborhood that fell on hard times when the nearby cotton mill closed, but has been revitalizing recently. Fortunately, the yuppies have not completely taken over and there are still some interesting things to photograph. One of the first things I found was this excellent shadow on the side of a Volkswagen Microbus.

Towards the end of the trip, I came across a scooter sitting on the sidewalk. As I was photographing it, some hipster sitting on the steps kept glancing up from his book and looking at me funny. I ignored him. Eventually, he asked me what I was doing. I responded and handed him a card with a web address on it. I think it was his scooter, but he never said it was.

The dark spots in the lower left hand corner are due to a shutter malfunction in the ancient Fujica AX-5. Sometimes it ruins photographs, but is generally avoidable by keeping the shutter speed at 1/250th of a second or below. With the two pictures of the scooter, I think it works with the compostition. Thoughts?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home