Monday, April 28, 2008

last and empty @east atlanta (nikon d70)

On a previous trip to East Atlanta looking for graffiti, I noticed Last and Empty. There was a fence adjacent to the building, preventing me from getting the shot. Normally, I would've just hopped it, but there were several folks milling about nearby. Since the denizens of East Atlanta aren't known for waking up early, I dragged my ass out of bed at o'dark thirty and headed over. I was rewarded with vacant streets.

Instead of climbing the fence directly, I went on a reconnaissance mission and discovered the fence was missing a section. After strolling through a field and a small patch of trees where a residentially challenged person had built a nest, I had a great angle on the pieces. I took a few flicks and on the way back out, I found a dilapidated tree and building.

Annoyingly, the little patch of woods I went through was full of flora with sticky seeds. I spent the next half hour sitting on a bench picking stickers off my jeans, fleece, and camera bag.

All photographs were taken with a Nikon D70 and a Silent Wave Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 constant aperture zoom.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home