Monday, June 23, 2008

revitalization @castleberry hill (nikon d70)

A year and a half ago, a friend of mine emailed me some promotional material for a condominium development in Castleberry Hill. My thoughts were, that's nice, but who wants to live in the ghetto? However, I figured there would be plenty of decay to photograph, so I headed down on a Sunday evening. After parking on Walker Street, I was shocked to find two new restaurants.

I also discovered and took this Mr. Fangs photograph. Soon after, I found and shot another Mr. Fangs flick. The first Mr. Fangs has since been rolled over by cretins. With restaurants and Mr. Fangs, the attractiveness of the ghetto as a place to live was increasing exponentially.

However, every proper shady residential area needs an original sub-prime lender, and in this case, the Fulton Loan Company purveys only the finest in stolen goods to discriminating customers.

And what's a gentrifying area without warehouses converted to lofts? I took this photograph of a loft conversion towards the end of my trip. Then I headed to my favorite local coffee shop.

After relaxing at Octane and reviewing my flicks over a cup of java - and surreptitiously admiring the barista, I headed home. On the way, I got lucky and caught this Empty and companion Last in some dope late evening light.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: your "who wants to live in a ghetto" remark - for a photographer you seem to have little imagination. But, your photography shows little imagination, as evidenced by the typical "inner city" graffiti shots and the like. It's already been done to death, dude!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home