Saturday, April 19, 2008

construction equipment @the wrong side of the tracks (nikon d70)

Some time ago, the City of Atlanta repaired the sewer lines along Bishop street, which is fairly close to my apartment. Being bored, I grabbed my Nikon D70 and seized the opportunity to take a few photographs of heavy equipment.

I took this photograph of heavy machinery with Atlantic Station in the background. Just past the Norfolk Southern railroad tracks, a now completed Target is shown under construction. Because the setting sun was brightly illuminating the buildings in the background, I used a Nikon SB-800 Speedlight held off camera in my hand to light the hoses in the foreground, which was in shadow.

While taking this photo of a backhoe, a cat came flying out of the cab when the flash went off and startled me. I jumped about two feet in the air and nearly dropped my camera.

All photographs were taken with a Nikon D70 and a Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 constant aperture zoom with a Silent Wave motor.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home