Thursday, October 19, 2006

junkyard @porterdale

A coworker at my old day job was on assignment in Newton County and mentioned Porterdale might be worth a visit. I took a few shots on my then brand new Nikon N65, but they didn't really work. A few months ago, I rolled out of bed ridiculously early and made the forty minute drive to catch the town just after sunrise.

Much to my surprise and annoyance, when I arrived in downtown, I found the old mill building was being renovated into lofts. Across the street and about 200 yards away from the rapidly gentrifying area around the old mill is a worn building made out of corrugated metal with a de facto junkyard in front. I took the following photographs of the building:

All photos were taken with a Nikon D70 and a 28-70mm f/2.8 constant aperture zoom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home